Black History Month Quotes 2023 are given in this article so read this article till the end.
जाने इस पोस्ट में क्या क्या है
Black History Month Quotes 2023
“As we celebrate Black History Month in 2023, let us reflect on the contributions and achievements of the Black community throughout history. These quotes serve as a reminder of the perseverance and strength of the Black community and the importance of continuing the fight for equality and justice.”
Here is the list of Black History Month Quotes 2023
- “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
- “I prayed for freedom for twenty years, but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.”
- “If they don’t give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair.”
- “I lost most of my friends. Their parents had told them to stay away from me because they said I was crazy. I was an extremist.”
- “One either allows racial inequities to persevere, as a racist or confronts racial inequities, as an antiracist. There is no in-between safe space of ‘not racist.’”
- “As a political weapon, it has helped me for 30 years defending the rights of American Blacks and third-world people all over the world, to defend them with protest songs. To move the audience to make them conscious of what has been done to my people around the world.”
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes the fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.”
- “There is always light if only we’re brave enough to see it. If only we’re brave enough to be it.”
- “Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare.”
- “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
- “History has shown us that courage can be contagious, and hope can take on a life of its own.”
- “I am a product of every other black woman before me who has done or said anything worthwhile. Recognizing that I am part of history is what allows me to soar.”
- “We have always been wonderful. I see us reflected in the world’s most heavenly things. Black is king. We were beauty before they knew what beauty was.”
- “Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave, I am the dream and the hope of the slave.”
- “Like that poem that Maya Angelou said, we are the hope and the dream of a slave. If you think about what the slave had to go through, and then the life that we are privileged to live — I wouldn’t want to be any other color…I’m really proud to wear this color every single day of my life.”
- “I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.”
- “Developing a good work ethic is key. Apply yourself at whatever you do because that work ethic will be reflected in everything you do in life.”
- “I believe in destiny. But I also believe that you can’t just sit back and let destiny happen…You can’t sit there waiting on it. A lot of times you are going to have to get out there and make it happen.”
- “Just don’t give up what you’re trying to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.”
- “I had to make my own living and my own opportunity. But I made it! Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.”
- “Dreams are lovely but they are just dreams. Fleeting, ephemeral, pretty. But dreams to not come true just because you dream them. It’s hard work that makes things happen. It’s hard work that creates change.”
- “Life is not a spectator sport. If you’re going to spend your whole life in the grandstand just watching what goes on, in my opinion, you’re wasting your life.”
- “My biggest discovery was that you can literally re-create your life. You can redefine it. You don’t have to live in the past. I found that not only did I have a fight in me, but I also had love.”
- “Don’t let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or your curiosity. It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make the life you want to live.”
- “The mere imparting of information is not education. Above all things, the effort must result in making a man think and do for himself.”
- “History is a people’s memory, and without a memory, man is demoted to the lower animals.”
- “Black History Month is more than a celebration. It’s a powerful reminder that Black history is American history…it’s critical that we take the time to celebrate the contributions of Black Americans, honor the legacy of generations past, reckon with centuries of injustice and confront the injustice that still festers today.”
- “The thing about Black history is that the truth is so much more complex than anything you could make up.”
FAQS – Black History Month Quotes 2023
What are some famous quotes about Black History Month?
Some famous quotes about Black History Month include “The time is always right to do what is right” by Martin Luther King Jr., “If there is no struggle, there is no progress” by Frederick Douglass, “Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed” by Martin Luther King Jr.
How can I celebrate Black History Month?
There are many ways to celebrate Black History Month, including: attending cultural events, visiting museums and historical sites, reading books and watching documentaries about African American history and culture, learning about and recognizing the contributions of notable Black figures, and participating in community service projects.
When is Black History Month celebrated?
Black History Month is celebrated annually in the United States in February and in Canada in February or October.
Who started Black History Month?
Black History Month was first celebrated in February of 1970, as Black History Week, by Dr. Carter G. Woodson, an African American historian, scholar, and educator. He chose February because it was the birth month of Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass, two figures important in the history of African Americans.