Learn A Word March 2023 Words List, Action Plan Learn A Word A Day Words, Action Plan March 2023 Learn A Word A Day March 2023 Guidelines, Action Plan, Words Implementation of an Innovative Program “Learn A Word A Day (24 days) in all schools under all managements from 01-03-2023 to 31-03-2023
जाने इस पोस्ट में क्या क्या है
Learn A Word March 2023
Regarding the implementation of an innovative program called “Learn A Word A Day” in all schools under all managements, an action plan has been communicated by SCERT, AP. The program will run from 01-03-2023 to 31-03-2023 for a duration of 26 days. The official communication regarding this action plan is mentioned in Proc.Rc.No.Spl.SCERT/2022, dated 28-02-2023.
|Follow on Google
|Click on Star
- The “Learn A Word A Day” program aims to enhance the vocabulary of students from classes 1 to 10.
- The program will be implemented in all schools under all managements in the state from 01-03-2023 to 31-03-2023.
- Words will be selected based on a specific theme every month, and students will be expected to learn and use them in their daily conversations.
- Students will maintain a “My Own Dictionary” notebook where they will copy the word of the day and its meaning to keep a record of the words they have learned.
- The program includes a fortnightly assessment called “Spell Bee,” where students will be expected to spell the words correctly and use them in sentences.
This is to inform all the District Educational Officers in the state that they were previously requested to implement the innovative program “Learn A Word A Day.” The objective of this program is to ensure that students from class 1 to 10 have the best vocabulary in English. We would like to bring to your attention the reference cited earlier in this regard.
All the District Educational Officers in the state are requested to communicate the action plan and suggested guidelines for the implementation of the program “LEARN A WORD A DAY” to all teachers and headmasters of all schools under all managements. They are instructed to implement the program across the state from 01-03-2023 to 31-03-2023 while adhering to the guidelines scrupulously.
|Follow on Google
|Click on Star
- Programme Implementation
- Annexure (I to IV)
The implementation plan for the program “LEARN A WORD A DAY” for March 2023 is as follows:
Theme: The theme for the month is ‘Professions, Skills & Careers’. Words will be developed based on this theme every month. Simple words will be selected to give students practice in using a dictionary.
- Everyday, one word will be announced in the assembly.
- In the first period, the class teacher will write the word and its meaning on the corner of the blackboard.
- In the English period, the teacher will explain the word, its pronunciation, spelling, parts of speech, and the meaning of the word in both languages, other forms of the word if any, and its usage. Students will find the word in the dictionary using a pencil.
- Students are asked to copy the word in a separate 100 pages notebook to maintain it as their “My Own Dictionary” which will be frequently checked by the teacher.
- Level 1: Oral drilling of the English word along with its Telugu meaning and vice versa. Students have to circle the word in the dictionary with a pencil.
- Level 2, Level 3, Level 4: The teacher will explain the word, its pronunciation, spelling, part of speech, and the meaning of the word in both languages, other forms of the word if any, and its usage by using the dictionary. Students will underline the word in the dictionary using a pencil.
- Every teacher should use that word as many times as possible in their conversation with the students or as a part of any other classroom transaction.
- The same word will be repeated in all remaining periods of the day.
- Everyday, the word may be displayed at the corner of the green board in the classroom or displayed on a board in the verandah or at school assembly.
- All teachers are held responsible for practicing the word in the first five minutes of the period. Students are asked to repeat the word and its meaning. Usage of the word shall be practiced preferably by the English teacher.
- Monitoring officers will check the students’ dictionaries and their notebooks.
- Assessment will be conducted every fortnight (15 days) in the form of a game called “Spell Bee”. The words that were taught in the fortnight will be used for the Spell Bee activity.
- Students should be motivated to practice the words and sentences at home.
What is the “Learn A Word A Day” program?
Answer: The “Learn A Word A Day” program is an innovative program aimed at enhancing the vocabulary of students from classes 1 to 10. The program aims to help students learn a new English word every day and use it in their daily conversations.
How are the words selected for this program?
Answer: The words for the program are selected based on a specific theme every month. For instance, the theme for March 2023 is “Professions, Skills & Careers,” and words related to this theme will be selected for the month.
How will students be assessed in this program?
Answer: Students will be assessed through a fortnightly activity called “Spell Bee.” The words taught in the previous 15 days will be used for this activity. Students will be expected to spell the words correctly and use them in sentences.
What is the “My Own Dictionary” notebook?
Answer: The “My Own Dictionary” notebook is a notebook where students are asked to copy the word of the day and its meaning. This notebook will help students maintain a record of the words they have learned and serve as a reference for future use.
Who is responsible for ensuring that the program is implemented successfully?
Answer: All teachers and headmasters of schools under all managements are responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the program. The District Educational Officers will communicate the action plan and guidelines to all teachers and headmasters, and they will be responsible for ensuring that the program is followed scrupulously.